- 10 Powerful Insights from the book “Imagine: How Creativity Works” July 22, 2012
- Google Replicates Adwords for Youtube Video May 30, 2012
- YouTube Insights gets Facelift as Youtube Analytics January 16, 2012
Archive for: Scott Berkun
In the coming weeks, I will be posting reviews of business books I’ve read in the past year that can enhance the way you do presentations, improve the way you tell stories, engage with your audience, or market your business through social media or other channels.
I’m kicking off this series with Scott Berkun’s hilarious and highly practical Confessions of a Public Speaker (O’Reilly Media), in which this best-selling author and speaker reveals techniques great communicators use to connect with their audiences.
Many of the practical tips he outlines for presenting are hard learned lessons from falling flat on his face in his own public presentations over the years – hence the title of the book.
Here are some of the many areas of topics he covered and I found particularly fascinating or useful in today’s speaking arena:
1. How to keep an audience engaged in the era of tweeting, texting and mobile phone games.
2. Social Media: How to monitor what people say on Twitter, while you are actually presenting on stage.
3. The importance of speaking not just to a live audience, but also to the camera (since your presentation will likely end up on Youtube)
4. How to deal with hostile audiences
Read the rest of: Books Worth Reading »