- How to Make Widespread Changes with Small Wins March 9, 2014
- Why You Need a Mentor August 11, 2013
- 10 Powerful Insights from the book “Imagine: How Creativity Works” July 22, 2012
Why Some Presentations Really Connect With You
July 9, 2009
If you ever wondered why some presentations and keynote speakers really connect with you, it’s often because they use the power of storytelling and great images (rather than bulletpoints) that help their audiences to visualize their message.
One of the key points that drives home Tom’s message is in a slide shown half way through the talk about the fact that we make meaning by seeing. If you consider that for the next time you prepare a slide deck, remember Tom’s three points:
1. Use images to help clarify what we are trying to communicate.
2. Make the images interactive so we engage more fully
3. Augment your memory by creating a visual persistence